Two undertrials escape from Tihar jail
New Delhi: Two undertrials escaped from
Tihar Jail this evening while being shifted to prison from
de-addiction centre but one was arrested while a search is on
for the other who is believed to be inside the complex.
The incident took place at around 4:30 pm when jail
officials were shifting ten inmates from de-addiction centre
in Jail No 3, which is close to the periphery wall, to Jail No
1, officials said.
Two inmates -- Satish (28) and Sanju (24) -- broke
open the jail van`s rear door and fled the spot, officials
said. However, Satish was apprehended later from inside the
"Sanju is also inside the complex. He is hiding inside
the complex. Searches are on to nab them," the officials said.
Satish was brought to Tihar Jail on March 10 on an
attempt to murder case of Uttam Nagar while Sanju was brought
to the jail the next day in a theft case of Vikaspuri. Both of
them knew each other and are residents of Kali Basti in Uttam
"They were sent to de-addiction centre after they told
jail officials that they were drug addicts," the officials
A case has been registered in connection with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?