Two women robbed of jewellery worth Rs 6 lakh in Delhi
New Delhi: Two women were robbed of jewellery worth Rs 6 lakh by two motorcycle-borne men at gunpoint in Anand Vihar area of east Delhi.
The two women, identified as Pooja Sarwala and Deepika Sarwala, both resident of Surajmal Vihar, were on their way to a shopping mall near Ram Nagar yesterday afternoon, when two men trained a gun at them and asked them to hand over their jewellery.
"The women handed over their jewellery to the two after which the duo drove away," police said. A manhunt has been launched to nab the two robbers. Further investigations are underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'