Two women robbed of jewellery worth Rs 6 lakh in Delhi
New Delhi: Two women were robbed of jewellery worth Rs 6 lakh by two motorcycle-borne men at gunpoint in Anand Vihar area of east Delhi.
The two women, identified as Pooja Sarwala and Deepika Sarwala, both resident of Surajmal Vihar, were on their way to a shopping mall near Ram Nagar yesterday afternoon, when two men trained a gun at them and asked them to hand over their jewellery.
"The women handed over their jewellery to the two after which the duo drove away," police said. A manhunt has been launched to nab the two robbers. Further investigations are underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir