Two youths, detained in Delhi for plotting attack on Modi, released
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The two youths, detained by the Delhi Police from Jamia Nagar on suspicion of plotting a terror attack on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, have been released on Monday.
The two men were arrested by a special squad of Delhi Police on Sunday soon after the four Indian Mujahideen suspects were arrested from Rajasthan.
Both were picked up early morning on Sunday. One of the them is a final year student of mechanical engineering from a college in Jaipur and the other one is his friend.
According to police sources, the Jaipur college student, who is a native of Dhanbad in Jharkhand, had arrived in the national capital yesterday and was to leave for Saudi Arabia this morning to perform Umrah in Mecca.
Their detention sparked off protest in Jamia Nagar yesterday evening with residents of the area blocking a busy road linking Delhi-Noida. The residents also demanded that a case of kidnapping be lodged against the Special Cell for detaining the two men.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping