Two youths, detained in Delhi for plotting attack on Modi, released
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The two youths, detained by the Delhi Police from Jamia Nagar on suspicion of plotting a terror attack on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, have been released on Monday.
The two men were arrested by a special squad of Delhi Police on Sunday soon after the four Indian Mujahideen suspects were arrested from Rajasthan.
Both were picked up early morning on Sunday. One of the them is a final year student of mechanical engineering from a college in Jaipur and the other one is his friend.
According to police sources, the Jaipur college student, who is a native of Dhanbad in Jharkhand, had arrived in the national capital yesterday and was to leave for Saudi Arabia this morning to perform Umrah in Mecca.
Their detention sparked off protest in Jamia Nagar yesterday evening with residents of the area blocking a busy road linking Delhi-Noida. The residents also demanded that a case of kidnapping be lodged against the Special Cell for detaining the two men.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE