UID No is valid ID proof for LPG gas connection
New Delhi: Applicants for new domestic LPG
cooking gas connections can now produce the letters of
allotment of Aadhaar numbers issued by Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIDAI) as proof of identity and proof of
State-owned fuel retailers have advised their "LPG
distributors to include the letter of issue of Aadhaar numbers
with photograph and address issued by UIDAI as proof of
identify and address for release of new LPG connections,"
Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum said in identical
press statements here.
"Henceforth, the Aadhaar (Letter issued by UIDAI) will be
included in the list of documents sufficient for issue of new
domestic LPG connections," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'