Unaccounted money issue flagged in probes into scams
New Delhi: With allocation of natural resources emerging as a fertile ground for corruption, unaccounted money is playing a crucial role in the plundering of these resources, posing a major challenge to policy makers and investigators, CBI Director A P Singh said on Thursday.
The agency is probing number of corruption cases in the exploitation of natural resources like iron ore, coal, off-shore minerals, spectrum among others.
The Director who was summing up two-day annual conference of the CBI and state anti-corruption bureaux cautioned that allocation precious natural resources are attracting attention for being fertile ground of corruption.
"The conference deliberated upong the issue of allocation of precious natural resources and policy challenges. The allocation of iron, coal spectrum, land and other such resources have also attracted lot of attention as being a fertile ground for corruption practices. The issue has taken centre stage in the debate on corruption," he said.
He said conference also looked at the legal issues in involved in the allocation of natural resouces.
"One crucial aspect which emerged is the role of unaccounted money (mostly in cash transactions) in plundering of natural resources as it seems to be the cause as well as effect of organised acts of corruption.
This is surely a challenge before all of us both at policy formulation and implementation level to find right approach and tools to deal with it," he said.
Earlier speaking at the conference, Minister of state for personnel V Narayanasamy said elected government has every right to formulate policy of allocation of natural resouces and bonafide decisions need to be protected.
He said that if some wrong is found at the level of implementation of a policy the erring person should be punished and not the entire system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble