Unauthorised colonies on govt land in Delhi to get basic amenities
New Delhi: Unauthorised colonies on
government land in the national capital will be provided basic civic
amenities like water and sanitation services from now on.
The Delhi Cabinet Monday approved a proposal giving
permission for provision of water, sewerage and sanitation
facilities in such colonies. The government move will benefit
over 500 unauthorised colonies.
"The unauthorised colonies on government land, which were
not getting such basic facilities till now, will be given
these amenities from now on," Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
told reporters after the Cabinet meeting chaired by her.
So far, construction of roads and drains were allowed in
unauthorised colonies located on private land.
Asked about regularisation of more unauthorised colonies,
she said a list of 100 colonies had been sent to the Municipal
Corporation of Delhi for preparing layout plans but the civic
body is yet to get back.
Meanwhile, to a question about theft of various street
furniture like steel garbage bins and flyover panels installed
for the Commonwealth Games, the Chief Minister said, "We want
to make Delhi a beautiful city but that is not possible
without the cooperation of people. I appeal to citizens to
help us in preventing such things."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents