Unauthorised colonies on govt land in Delhi to get basic amenities
New Delhi: Unauthorised colonies on
government land in the national capital will be provided basic civic
amenities like water and sanitation services from now on.
The Delhi Cabinet Monday approved a proposal giving
permission for provision of water, sewerage and sanitation
facilities in such colonies. The government move will benefit
over 500 unauthorised colonies.
"The unauthorised colonies on government land, which were
not getting such basic facilities till now, will be given
these amenities from now on," Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
told reporters after the Cabinet meeting chaired by her.
So far, construction of roads and drains were allowed in
unauthorised colonies located on private land.
Asked about regularisation of more unauthorised colonies,
she said a list of 100 colonies had been sent to the Municipal
Corporation of Delhi for preparing layout plans but the civic
body is yet to get back.
Meanwhile, to a question about theft of various street
furniture like steel garbage bins and flyover panels installed
for the Commonwealth Games, the Chief Minister said, "We want
to make Delhi a beautiful city but that is not possible
without the cooperation of people. I appeal to citizens to
help us in preventing such things."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt