Unauthorised colonies scam: AAP demands action against Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: Upping its ante against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, the AAP on Monday demanded strict action against her in connection with the Rs 3,000 crore unauthorised colonies scam.
"The latest report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), now with the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, corroborates the findings of the former Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin on the issue," the party claimed.
"In place of taking action against her for fooling poor people living in unauthorised colonies by providing them regularization certificates without ensuring basic amenities like water connections, roads, sewers and drainage lines between during her tenure, she was made the Governor of Kerela," it said in a statement.
The party has also alleged that according to the CAG, there are virtually no sewer lines in around 895 colonies and nearly half of these are without roads and drainage lines.
"In complete violation of the Supreme Court judgement of 2006, in which it was clearly laid down that no government can regularise unauthorised colonies without providing basic facilities, Dikshit`s Congress government went ahead with regularising the colonies," the party said.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government had on February 3 recommended to the President strictest possible action against Dikshit in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon