Unauthorised colony scam: Arvind Kejriwal seeks probe against ex-Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government on Monday wrote to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking action against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit alleging fake provisional certificates were provided for regularising unauthorised colonies in the capital.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said, “We have presented our view that strict action be taken against the guilty in fake provisional certificates for unauthorized colonies.”
Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had ruled in his last judgement before retiring that regularisation of colonies in 2008 by the Delhi government was done for political mileage.
According to reports, President had asked for the CM`s recommendation over the reports submitted by the Lokayukta over the said issue.
However, this is the maiden enquiry sought by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal against the Congress party after it came to power.
In the December 2013 Delhi assembly elections, the AAP won 28 seats in the 70-member house and formed the government with the outside support of the Congress that had won eight seats.
In 2008, the Congress government had given provisional certificate to unauthorized colonies, after which in January 2010, the BJP had filed a complaint over this issue.
In 2013, the Lokayukta had given its judgement while indicting the Sheila government and wrote to the President. Their main contention was that it was the violation of code of conduct and integrity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM