Unauthorised colony scam: Arvind Kejriwal seeks probe against ex-Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government on Monday wrote to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking action against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit alleging fake provisional certificates were provided for regularising unauthorised colonies in the capital.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia said, “We have presented our view that strict action be taken against the guilty in fake provisional certificates for unauthorized colonies.”
Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had ruled in his last judgement before retiring that regularisation of colonies in 2008 by the Delhi government was done for political mileage.
According to reports, President had asked for the CM`s recommendation over the reports submitted by the Lokayukta over the said issue.
However, this is the maiden enquiry sought by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal against the Congress party after it came to power.
In the December 2013 Delhi assembly elections, the AAP won 28 seats in the 70-member house and formed the government with the outside support of the Congress that had won eight seats.
In 2008, the Congress government had given provisional certificate to unauthorized colonies, after which in January 2010, the BJP had filed a complaint over this issue.
In 2013, the Lokayukta had given its judgement while indicting the Sheila government and wrote to the President. Their main contention was that it was the violation of code of conduct and integrity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog