Unclaimed bag triggers bomb scare outside school
New Delhi: An unclaimed bag outside a school triggered a bomb scare in the capital on Monday but it turned out to be a bag of toys, police said.
The Police Control Room received a call around 7:20 AM about a suspected bag containing a bomb lying unattended near the wall of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School at KG Marg and bomb disposal squads were rushed to the spot.
Searches were conducted and the experts found that the bag contained only toys and a transistor.
Police said the call was made by a parent who came to drop a student.
"It appears that the bag was left there to play mischief," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town