Unclaimed bag triggers bomb scare outside school
New Delhi: An unclaimed bag outside a school triggered a bomb scare in the capital on Monday but it turned out to be a bag of toys, police said.
The Police Control Room received a call around 7:20 AM about a suspected bag containing a bomb lying unattended near the wall of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School at KG Marg and bomb disposal squads were rushed to the spot.
Searches were conducted and the experts found that the bag contained only toys and a transistor.
Police said the call was made by a parent who came to drop a student.
"It appears that the bag was left there to play mischief," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss