Under-construction rly bridge collapses, one killed
New Delhi: A labourer was killed and two others were injured in north-west Delhi on Monday afternoon when an under-construction railway bridge collapsed while they were removing soil from the area.
While the body of one labourer was recovered from the debris, the other two were rescued, fire brigade officials said.
The injured are undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Narela, they said.
The labourers were removing soil from the spot when the bridge, being constructed at the railway crossing in Narela, collapsed at around 2 pm, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city