Underpass at Ghazipur extension to ease traffic
New Delhi: Motorists coming from
Ghaziabad to Anand Vihar can expect a smooth ride as an
underpass will be thrown open for traffic tomorrow at the busy
Ghazipur extension, a gateway between East Delhi and Uttar
The underpass, alongwith two carriageways, has been
built at Ghazipur intersection from road no 56 to Kalyanpuri.
Currently the traffic moves at a snail`s pace on the stretch.
The underpass has been constructed along the road no
56 to ensure uninterrupted movement of traffic on these roads.
It is 635 metre long with dual carriageway of nine metres in
PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan said the three-lane
Ghazipur Crossing Grade Separator at National Highway 24 would
also be complete by the end of June.
The Ghazipur intersection, located at the junction of
NH-24 bye-pass and road No 56 in East Delhi, is one of the
busiest junctions. The traffic entering into the city from
Uttar Pradesh passes through this intersection.
The grade separator at Ghazipur will ensure smooth
traffic movement on the NH-24 to Indirapuram and Ghazibad
through the flyover.
Chauhan said the 770-meter long eight-lane flyover is
being built at a cost of Rs 246 crore. He also said three foot
overbridges with escalators -- two at NH 24 and one at road no
56, would also be installed.
On Commonwealth Games related projects, Chauhan said
all the projects would be completed within stipulated time.
"We are confident that the visitors during the Games
would carry a good impression about the city," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail