Undertrial escapes from police custody
Noida: An undertrial escaped from police custody today in the court premises when he was being taken back to Dasna jail.
The undertrial Irfan was brought to court from Dasna jail to be produced before the ACJM court in connection with a cheating case lodged at sector 24 police station.
He was arrested on October,16, 2010 and had been in jail since then.
When the policemen were taking Irfan back to the lockup to take him to jail in the evening after being produced in the court, he managed to remove the handcuff and escape.
The role of the policemen who accompanied Irfan was being investigated, said senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster