Undertrial escapes from police custody
Noida: An undertrial escaped from police custody today in the court premises when he was being taken back to Dasna jail.
The undertrial Irfan was brought to court from Dasna jail to be produced before the ACJM court in connection with a cheating case lodged at sector 24 police station.
He was arrested on October,16, 2010 and had been in jail since then.
When the policemen were taking Irfan back to the lockup to take him to jail in the evening after being produced in the court, he managed to remove the handcuff and escape.
The role of the policemen who accompanied Irfan was being investigated, said senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!