Undertrial escapes from police custody
Noida: An undertrial escaped from police custody today in the court premises when he was being taken back to Dasna jail.
The undertrial Irfan was brought to court from Dasna jail to be produced before the ACJM court in connection with a cheating case lodged at sector 24 police station.
He was arrested on October,16, 2010 and had been in jail since then.
When the policemen were taking Irfan back to the lockup to take him to jail in the evening after being produced in the court, he managed to remove the handcuff and escape.
The role of the policemen who accompanied Irfan was being investigated, said senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city