Undertrial escapes from police custody
Noida: An undertrial escaped from police custody today in the court premises when he was being taken back to Dasna jail.
The undertrial Irfan was brought to court from Dasna jail to be produced before the ACJM court in connection with a cheating case lodged at sector 24 police station.
He was arrested on October,16, 2010 and had been in jail since then.
When the policemen were taking Irfan back to the lockup to take him to jail in the evening after being produced in the court, he managed to remove the handcuff and escape.
The role of the policemen who accompanied Irfan was being investigated, said senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!