Undertrial escapes from police custody
Noida: An undertrial escaped from police custody today in the court premises when he was being taken back to Dasna jail.
The undertrial Irfan was brought to court from Dasna jail to be produced before the ACJM court in connection with a cheating case lodged at sector 24 police station.
He was arrested on October,16, 2010 and had been in jail since then.
When the policemen were taking Irfan back to the lockup to take him to jail in the evening after being produced in the court, he managed to remove the handcuff and escape.
The role of the policemen who accompanied Irfan was being investigated, said senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout