UP govt to give Rs 20 lakh to Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh to the family members of Delhi gang-rape victim.
The CM has decided to give the financial assistance to the victim`s family from his discretionary quota, an official spokesman said here.
The 23-year-old victim, who hails from Ballia district in UP, died at a hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
The CM had earlier announced a job and financial assistance of Rupees five lakh to the family of the victim.
The government has also decided to set up a national level sports university in Aligarh district, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'