UP govt to give Rs 20 lakh to Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh to the family members of Delhi gang-rape victim.
The CM has decided to give the financial assistance to the victim`s family from his discretionary quota, an official spokesman said here.
The 23-year-old victim, who hails from Ballia district in UP, died at a hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
The CM had earlier announced a job and financial assistance of Rupees five lakh to the family of the victim.
The government has also decided to set up a national level sports university in Aligarh district, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor