UP govt to give Rs 20 lakh to Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh to the family members of Delhi gang-rape victim.
The CM has decided to give the financial assistance to the victim`s family from his discretionary quota, an official spokesman said here.
The 23-year-old victim, who hails from Ballia district in UP, died at a hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
The CM had earlier announced a job and financial assistance of Rupees five lakh to the family of the victim.
The government has also decided to set up a national level sports university in Aligarh district, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka