UP govt to give Rs 20 lakh to Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh to the family members of Delhi gang-rape victim.
The CM has decided to give the financial assistance to the victim`s family from his discretionary quota, an official spokesman said here.
The 23-year-old victim, who hails from Ballia district in UP, died at a hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
The CM had earlier announced a job and financial assistance of Rupees five lakh to the family of the victim.
The government has also decided to set up a national level sports university in Aligarh district, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed