UP govt to give Rs 20 lakh to Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday announced financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh to the family members of Delhi gang-rape victim.
The CM has decided to give the financial assistance to the victim`s family from his discretionary quota, an official spokesman said here.
The 23-year-old victim, who hails from Ballia district in UP, died at a hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
The CM had earlier announced a job and financial assistance of Rupees five lakh to the family of the victim.
The government has also decided to set up a national level sports university in Aligarh district, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief