Uphaar Cinema fire: SC unhappy over Sushil Ansal leaving country
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday expressed its displeasure over Sushil Ansal`s going to the US for treatment without taking a prior nod from the court before which the Uphaar fire tragedy case is pending.
Taking serious note of Ansal leaving the country without the court`s consent, the apex court bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam directed him to appear before the court on April 15.
The court passed its order after senior counsel Ram Jethmalani, appearing for Ansal, gave an undertaking that his client will return to the country on April 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state