Uphaar Cinema fire: SC unhappy over Sushil Ansal leaving country
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday expressed its displeasure over Sushil Ansal`s going to the US for treatment without taking a prior nod from the court before which the Uphaar fire tragedy case is pending.
Taking serious note of Ansal leaving the country without the court`s consent, the apex court bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam directed him to appear before the court on April 15.
The court passed its order after senior counsel Ram Jethmalani, appearing for Ansal, gave an undertaking that his client will return to the country on April 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise