Uproar in Delhi Assembly after CM blames BJP over Babri
New Delhi: High drama was witnessed in Delhi
Assembly on Wednesday after Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said BJP
ideology led to the demolition of Babri Masjid, leading to
vociferous protests by the opposition MLAs and an adjournment
for a brief period.
The Chief Minister`s remark came when she was replying to
a no-confidence motion moved by opposition BJP alleging
"complete misrule", "massive corruption" and "total
insensitivity" towards peoples` problems.
BJP MLAs were on their feet soon vigorously protesting
against Dikshit who said the ideology of BJP led to the Babri
Masjid demolition. They shouted slogans against Dikshit and
levelled allegations against her which were expunged from
Adding more drama, Matia Mahal MLA Shoaib Iqbal, who
joined Congress during the Lok Sabha elections this year,
jumped on to the table and blamed the ruling Congress for the
plight of Muslims.
Speaker Yoganand Shastri then asked marshalls to remove
Iqbal. However, BJP MLAs surrounded Iqbal and did not allow
security personnel to take him away.
As the sloganeering continued, Shastri adjourned the
House for ten minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video