Uproar in Delhi Assembly after CM blames BJP over Babri
New Delhi: High drama was witnessed in Delhi
Assembly on Wednesday after Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said BJP
ideology led to the demolition of Babri Masjid, leading to
vociferous protests by the opposition MLAs and an adjournment
for a brief period.
The Chief Minister`s remark came when she was replying to
a no-confidence motion moved by opposition BJP alleging
"complete misrule", "massive corruption" and "total
insensitivity" towards peoples` problems.
BJP MLAs were on their feet soon vigorously protesting
against Dikshit who said the ideology of BJP led to the Babri
Masjid demolition. They shouted slogans against Dikshit and
levelled allegations against her which were expunged from
Adding more drama, Matia Mahal MLA Shoaib Iqbal, who
joined Congress during the Lok Sabha elections this year,
jumped on to the table and blamed the ruling Congress for the
plight of Muslims.
Speaker Yoganand Shastri then asked marshalls to remove
Iqbal. However, BJP MLAs surrounded Iqbal and did not allow
security personnel to take him away.
As the sloganeering continued, Shastri adjourned the
House for ten minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL