Uproar in Delhi Assembly, BJP demands House panel probe in CWG
New Delhi: BJP MLAs created ruckus for the second day today in the Delhi Assembly demanding setting up of a House Committee to probe "massive" corruption in the
Commonwealth Games spending, forcing repeated adjournments of the House.
As soon as the House assembled, Opposition Leader VK Malhotra protested Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s remarks that he "kept mum" about the alleged irregularities in the Organising Committee although he was a member of it.
Malhotra said he had raised the issues several times and issued statements protesting irregularities in the OC.
Following this, almost all BJP MLAs rose on their feet and started demanding formation of a House panel to probe the allegations of corruption in Delhi government projects of CWG.
Repeated attempts to pacify them did not fructify and MLAs trooped to the Well of the House and shouted slogans. As the pandemonium continued, Speaker Yoganand Shastri adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
When the House met again, the unrelenting BJP MLAs continued their sloganeering and trooped to the Well again in support of their demand. One of the BJP MLAs of also sat on the floor as a mark of protest.
As the pleas for normalcy fell on deaf ears, the House was again adjourned for 25 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan