Upset after rebuke, official slits wrist in office
New Delhi: A senior official of the Women and Child Development Ministry allegedly slashed her wrist inside her office on Tuesday apparently as she was upset after being scolded by a superior.
The incident occurred at around 4 pm when the official slit her left wrist using a knife inside her cabin in Shastri Bhawan, sources said.
She was rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital by her colleagues and was discharged from there after an hour following first aid.
"She was sent home after the first aid. The injury was not very severe," hospital sources said. However, no case was filed with the police.
According to the sources, the officer asked her personal secretary to get her a knife in the afternoon.
"The personal secretary thought that she wanted the knife to cut some fruits or for some other purpose and thus gave her the knife in her cabin. Later at around 4 pm when one official walked into her cabin to show her some papers, he found her leaning on the table with her head on it and blood coming out of her hands. He then raised an alarm," a source said.
Earlier in the day, she had been allegedly rebuked by a senior and she was upset over it, the sources said.
When reached for a comment, a person who received the call on her mobile phone said she was not in a position to talk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city