Upto 40% reduced fares on Airport Express line to be effective from today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) announced on Wednesday that it would be reducing passenger fares on the Airport Express Line by upto 40 percent from tomorrow.
The DMRC said that as per the revised fare structure, the minimum single journey fare on the corridor will be Rs 20 replacing the earlier minimum fare of Rs 30 and the maximum fare will be Rs 100 against the earlier maximum fare of Rs 180.
“Therefore, a one way journey from the New Delhi station to Dwarka Sector 21 using Single Journey Token will now cost only Rs 100,” the DMRC said, adding, “The Fare Store Value Card offered to the commuters will have a discount of 10 percent. DMRC will also offer further discounts on the purchase of multiple journey trip cards. The 30 trips, 45 trips and 60 trips cards will be available for customers. In case of 60 trip cards, the minimum and maximum one way fares will further come down to less than Rs 9 and Rs 40 respectively.”
It further said, “The revised fares for 30/45/60 trip products will be available only after exhausting the existing loaded products or after current validity. However, rate of all the existing cards and discount schemes will be discontinued. In addition, a special scheme for Sundays will be there only for Single Journey Token users having a minimum fare of Rs 20 and maximum fare of Rs 60.”
Moreover, “there will not be any sale of Return Journey Token on Sundays. The sale of Single Journey token Sunday product will only be through manned counters and not through ticket vending machines. The fare of Sunday Single Journey Token has been reduced further to attract more commuters,” DMRC said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani