US bounty on Saeed will put pressure on Pak: Nikam
New Delhi: The United States` announcement of
USD 10 million bounty on Pakistan-based Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD)
chief Hafiz Saeed would put pressure on Islamabad to take
action against the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai terror
attack, said the prosecutor in the case.
"I am sure that this action of US will put pressure on
them (Pakistani authorities) to take recourse to legal
action," Ujjwal Nikam, who is special public prosecutor
in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack case, told PTI.
"This action of America has vindicated Mumabi police
investigation that Hafiz Saeed was the mastermind behind the
November 26 terror attack," he said, while elaborating that
the lone surviving Pakistani terrorist Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab
had given the judicial confession before a magistrate
disclosing the role of Hafiz Saeed in the criminal conspiracy.
Nikam, who was in the Supreme Court for a hearing on the
appeal in the Mumbai terror attack case, said this evidence,
along with other circumstantial ones, was furnished to
Pakistan but their investigating agency did not accept them
and refused to prosecute him on the grounds that "this was not
"If American investigating agency finds sufficient
evidence for awarding 10 million dollar bounty, then why
Pakistani investigating agency even failed to arrest and
charge sheet Saeed?," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar