Usually courts can`t interfere with suspension orders: HC
New Delhi: Suspension orders can be interfered with by the courts only in "gravest of grave" circumstances, the Delhi High Court has ruled while refusing to revoke such an order against a man accused of sexually harassing girls at a school here.
"In my opinion, suspension orders are interfered with by the courts only in gravest of grave circumstances or when the order is totally without any basis," Justice Valmiki Mehta said.
The court`s observation came in an order by which it dismissed a plea of Somesh Kumar against his suspension from service on March 3, 2011 by the management of a girls` school at Paharganj here.
Somesh was suspended after girls complained to the school management that he used to sexually harass them.
"In case, such as the present, there are grave charges of sexual harassment against the petitioner of girl students. Petitioner has also written a letter asking for apology, which is signed by witnesses also, which the petitioner denies as having been written allegedly by force.
"Therefore, in these facts no ground is made out for revocation of the suspension order...," the court said.
It, however, asked the school management to "forthwith" commence and conclude within six months departmental proceedings against Somesh under the Delhi School Education Act and Rules for alleged misconduct.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know