Vagabond kids narrate their sordid tales to panel
New Delhi: Four vagabond children, who were victims of trafficking, drug abuse and sexual violence, narrated their tales to J S Verma committee alleging that police personnel used to extort money and even indulge in sexual exploitation of women.
The committee has annexed their interview in the report in which the children, whose names have been withheld, claimed that they saw police personnel of a Police Control Room van taking a girl from a red light in their van and raping her in a nearby jungle.
The report had also withheld where the alleged incident took place.
According to the interview, one of the kids was witness to kidnapping and rape of a girl by three police men.
The child claimed that he saw the police men sitting in a PCR van speaking to a girl dressed in a blue jeans and yellow t-shirt and asked her to sit in it.
They took her deep inside a jungle where they raped her one by one and left her there, as the child with one of his friends witnessed it in horror while hiding.
They also claimed that police personnel target women labourers and construction workers.
The children told the committee that they were witness to an incident where a police van did not stop at a place where a woman was allegedly being raped despite loud cries by her children.
They also claimed that police personnel used to extract money from street urchins who take drugs or sniff "solution" (referring to whitener).
The committee has also taken into account the interview of a girl who was a victim of trafficking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand