Vajpayee a gentle giant: Jaitley
Dehra Dun: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Thursday said
former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a "gentle
giant" who never compromised with his office.
At a function marking the launch of Samgra Atal ji to
collect and compile all information on Vajpayee in digitized
form, Jaitely said he remembered the days when the Vajpayee
government was defeated by just one vote in 1990s but nobody
could allege that bribe was offered to buy votes.
He said Vajpayee had headed a democratic government
where any minister had the freedom to speak on an issue during
cabinet meetings. "Vajpayeeji would listen to all of them and
in the end summarize the issue in a few words to finalize it",
Jaitely also gave examples where Vajpayee was described
as a "gentle giant, master of incomplete sentences and an
"There are several such examples where we find Vajpayee
winning laurels of everybody", he said.
Even when he was the Leader of the Opposition, Vajpayee
had the capability to take the level of discussion on any
issue to match with the Prime Minister, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video