Valmiki community extends support to AAP
New Delhi: Assuring regularised jobs for the members of Valmiki community as part of its upcoming election manifesto, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal today said if voted to power they would abolish the contractual system.
"In our manifesto, we will include solutions to all the problems that people of Valmiki community faces. AAP will abolish this contractual system and regularise their jobs (once voted to power)," he said while addressing a gathering of the community.
He said his party is in support of the Valmiki community and "to clean dirty politics in Indian society, all sections of society will be together in cleaning of the system."
The community leaders complained to the AAP leader about untouchability, poor schooling facilities, backwardness and poor development of their community.
"Valmikis have not been a part of development for the last 60 years. It is only good quality education that will bring equality among all individuals. We will improve the quality of education," Kejriwal added.
Betrayed by both Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party, Valmiki community has openly come out in support of the AAP.
He said Valmiki leader Mahindra Singh Matiyala, who was with BJP for past 30 years, joined the AAP alongwith hundreds of his supporters at a meeting to address problems of the Valmiki community.
Many of the Valmiki community people are employed as contractual labours wherein they sign on a figure of Rs 10,000 but only get around Rs 3,000-4,000.
"Our people have been ignored by society from centuries. Whether it is political, economic or social, we were not allowed to grow by parties like BJP and Congress. But now we are together and we will teach them a lesson in this election. We all will support AAP," Matiyala said.
AAP has entrusted Matiyala with the responsibility of mobilising people from his community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared