Valmiki community extends support to AAP
New Delhi: Assuring regularised jobs for the members of Valmiki community as part of its upcoming election manifesto, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal today said if voted to power they would abolish the contractual system.
"In our manifesto, we will include solutions to all the problems that people of Valmiki community faces. AAP will abolish this contractual system and regularise their jobs (once voted to power)," he said while addressing a gathering of the community.
He said his party is in support of the Valmiki community and "to clean dirty politics in Indian society, all sections of society will be together in cleaning of the system."
The community leaders complained to the AAP leader about untouchability, poor schooling facilities, backwardness and poor development of their community.
"Valmikis have not been a part of development for the last 60 years. It is only good quality education that will bring equality among all individuals. We will improve the quality of education," Kejriwal added.
Betrayed by both Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party, Valmiki community has openly come out in support of the AAP.
He said Valmiki leader Mahindra Singh Matiyala, who was with BJP for past 30 years, joined the AAP alongwith hundreds of his supporters at a meeting to address problems of the Valmiki community.
Many of the Valmiki community people are employed as contractual labours wherein they sign on a figure of Rs 10,000 but only get around Rs 3,000-4,000.
"Our people have been ignored by society from centuries. Whether it is political, economic or social, we were not allowed to grow by parties like BJP and Congress. But now we are together and we will teach them a lesson in this election. We all will support AAP," Matiyala said.
AAP has entrusted Matiyala with the responsibility of mobilising people from his community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!