Valson Thampu`s notice to Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: The Principal of the prestigious
St Stephen`s college on Wednesday issued a notice to East Delhi
MP Sandeep Dikshit asking him to "cease and desist" from going
ahead with the formation of a society in the name of alumni
association of the college.
Referring to an affidavit filed by one Sanjeev Bhargava
to get a society registered under the name of "St Stephen`s
College Alumni Association", Valson Thampu, the Principal,
alleged that the claim that the name was not identical to any
such body was "false" as St Stephen`s College is one of
Delhi`s earliest registered societies dating back to early
When asked for his reaction, Dikshit refused to comment
about the allegations.
"I will not comment. Anybody can make any allegations.
Why should I respond..I have not got any communication from
them," Dikshit said.
In May, Dikshit had criticised the institution saying it
had lost its secular values as it was being run like a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video