Valson Thampu`s notice to Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: The Principal of the prestigious
St Stephen`s college on Wednesday issued a notice to East Delhi
MP Sandeep Dikshit asking him to "cease and desist" from going
ahead with the formation of a society in the name of alumni
association of the college.
Referring to an affidavit filed by one Sanjeev Bhargava
to get a society registered under the name of "St Stephen`s
College Alumni Association", Valson Thampu, the Principal,
alleged that the claim that the name was not identical to any
such body was "false" as St Stephen`s College is one of
Delhi`s earliest registered societies dating back to early
When asked for his reaction, Dikshit refused to comment
about the allegations.
"I will not comment. Anybody can make any allegations.
Why should I respond..I have not got any communication from
them," Dikshit said.
In May, Dikshit had criticised the institution saying it
had lost its secular values as it was being run like a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family