Van mows down child in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A three-year-old girl was killed here on Wednesday after being mowed down by a van, police said.
The child was identified as Khushboo, daughter of Shailendra, who is a resident of Kadipur village near Sector-10 of Gurgaon.
"The victim was following her father as he was going for his job Wednesday morning. He did not notice that the child was following him and a speeding vehicle mowed her down near her house," a police official said.
"The driver of the vehicle responsible for the accident managed to flee with vehicle," he said.
"We have registered a case against the unknown man of rash driving and death due to negligence," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok