Varun seeks support for Jan Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Strongly pitching for the Jan Lokpal Bill, BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Wednesday sought support for the anti-corruption agitation launched by Anna Hazare.
"We should support Anna Hazare`s movement because it is this agitation, which will shape the country`s future... This is the voice of the people. We should all support the Jan Lokpal Bill," Gandhi told reporters outside Parliament.
The young MP from Pilibhit, who visited the Ramlila Maidan in the morning to express solidarity with the Gandhian, said, "My personal opinion is that, we should extend all our support to Anna and participate in the agitation in whatever way possible."
Asked, whether more BJP MPs should come forward offering resignation on Anna issue like Yashwant Sinha, Varun said, "For Jan Lokpal Bill, for the future of the country, whatever one MP can do should do."
In a surprise move, the former Finance Minister offered to resign from his Lok Sabha seat in protest against BJP`s failure to take a strong stand on Lokpal issue in the BJP`s Parliamentary Party meeting here.
Sinha said, the BJP had been unable to take a strong stand on the Lokpal issue which was necessary to "take the battle forward" against corruption.
Varun has given a notice in the Lok Sabha for tabling Anna Hazare`s Jan Lokpal Bill as a private members` bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player