Vasant Kunj maid rescue: Court refuses bail to woman employer
New Delhi: A 50-year-old woman, arrested for allegedly assaulting and illegally confining a domestic help in her house here, was on Friday refused bail by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash dismissed the bail plea of accused Vandana Dhir who is at present lodged under judicial custody.
Dhir and a placement agent, Dorothy, were arrested in connection with the case lodged under the IPC, the Bonded Labour Act, the SC/ST Act and under the Juvenile Justice (care and protection of children) Act.
A sessions court had on October 30 granted bail to Dorothy who had arranged the maid for Dhir.
The domestic help was rescued by a joint team of NGO Shakti Vahini and Delhi Police from Dhir`s Vasant Kunj house on the evening of September 30 this year.
The victim, a resident of Jharkhand, had been working as a domestic help at Dhir`s house and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital with serious injuries.
A magisterial court had on October 7 dismissed Dhir`s bail plea.
Earlier, the court had directed the police to probe the condition of other girls who could have been employed through the placement agency run by Dorothy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate