Vasant Kunj maid rescue: Court refuses bail to woman employer
New Delhi: A 50-year-old woman, arrested for allegedly assaulting and illegally confining a domestic help in her house here, was on Friday refused bail by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash dismissed the bail plea of accused Vandana Dhir who is at present lodged under judicial custody.
Dhir and a placement agent, Dorothy, were arrested in connection with the case lodged under the IPC, the Bonded Labour Act, the SC/ST Act and under the Juvenile Justice (care and protection of children) Act.
A sessions court had on October 30 granted bail to Dorothy who had arranged the maid for Dhir.
The domestic help was rescued by a joint team of NGO Shakti Vahini and Delhi Police from Dhir`s Vasant Kunj house on the evening of September 30 this year.
The victim, a resident of Jharkhand, had been working as a domestic help at Dhir`s house and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital with serious injuries.
A magisterial court had on October 7 dismissed Dhir`s bail plea.
Earlier, the court had directed the police to probe the condition of other girls who could have been employed through the placement agency run by Dorothy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Priyanka, Aziz making tectonic shifts in business: Poorna Jagannathan
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone