Vayalar Ravi given additional charge of Science and Technology
New Delhi: Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi was on Friday given additional charge of ministries of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises following ill health of Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs is allocated the additional charge of the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Earth Sciences and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
The President has further directed that Vilasrao Dagadojirao Deshmukh shall continue as Minister without portfolio, it said.
Deshmukh has been admitted to a Chennai hospital for treatment of a serious liver ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal