Vayalar Ravi given additional charge of Science and Technology
New Delhi: Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi was on Friday given additional charge of ministries of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises following ill health of Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs is allocated the additional charge of the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Earth Sciences and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
The President has further directed that Vilasrao Dagadojirao Deshmukh shall continue as Minister without portfolio, it said.
Deshmukh has been admitted to a Chennai hospital for treatment of a serious liver ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city