Vehicle thieves arrested in SE Delhi
New Delhi: Two persons allegedly involved in
vehicle theft cases were arrested in south-east Delhi and 18
motorcycles were recovered from them, police said on Tuesday.
Gajender and Shokeen were apprehended from near Kaya-Maya
Picket on Mehrauli-Badarpur Road yesterday during a routine
checking, O P Mishra, Deputy Commissioner of Police
"They were intercepted at the picket as they were not
wearing helmets. They abandoned their motorcycle on the road
and ran away. The youths were apprehended after a chase,"
They were asked to produce the documents of the
motorcycle but they failed and it came to light that it was
stolen from Mehrauli area.
"Before stealing bikes, they used to conduct recce of the
area by posing as vendors. They used to take the stolen
motorcycles to Shoukeen`s residence in Haryana`s Mewat and
look for buyers.
"They preferred to steal only Hero Honda Splendor bikes
as it was in demand in their area," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city