Vehicle thieves arrested in SE Delhi
New Delhi: Two persons allegedly involved in
vehicle theft cases were arrested in south-east Delhi and 18
motorcycles were recovered from them, police said on Tuesday.
Gajender and Shokeen were apprehended from near Kaya-Maya
Picket on Mehrauli-Badarpur Road yesterday during a routine
checking, O P Mishra, Deputy Commissioner of Police
"They were intercepted at the picket as they were not
wearing helmets. They abandoned their motorcycle on the road
and ran away. The youths were apprehended after a chase,"
They were asked to produce the documents of the
motorcycle but they failed and it came to light that it was
stolen from Mehrauli area.
"Before stealing bikes, they used to conduct recce of the
area by posing as vendors. They used to take the stolen
motorcycles to Shoukeen`s residence in Haryana`s Mewat and
look for buyers.
"They preferred to steal only Hero Honda Splendor bikes
as it was in demand in their area," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India