Vehicle thieves arrested in SE Delhi
New Delhi: Two persons allegedly involved in
vehicle theft cases were arrested in south-east Delhi and 18
motorcycles were recovered from them, police said on Tuesday.
Gajender and Shokeen were apprehended from near Kaya-Maya
Picket on Mehrauli-Badarpur Road yesterday during a routine
checking, O P Mishra, Deputy Commissioner of Police
"They were intercepted at the picket as they were not
wearing helmets. They abandoned their motorcycle on the road
and ran away. The youths were apprehended after a chase,"
They were asked to produce the documents of the
motorcycle but they failed and it came to light that it was
stolen from Mehrauli area.
"Before stealing bikes, they used to conduct recce of the
area by posing as vendors. They used to take the stolen
motorcycles to Shoukeen`s residence in Haryana`s Mewat and
look for buyers.
"They preferred to steal only Hero Honda Splendor bikes
as it was in demand in their area," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok