Verdict in Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case to come on Nov 25
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: A court in Uttar Pradesh will on November 25 decide whether dentist-couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar are guilty of murdering their young daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The court reserved its order after the Talwars made final arguments in their defence today.
The dentist couple, who are facing various charges ranging from murder, conspiracy to destruction of evidence, maintain that the CBI is trying to falsely implicate them in the case by tampering with the evidence.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead, with her throat slit, in her bedroom in the Talwars` apartment in the satellite town of Noida near Delhi in May 2008. Because the family`s domestic help Hemraj was missing, he was declared the suspect. But hours later, he was found dead on the roof.
Last month, the CBI, wrapping up its arguments told the CBI court in Ghaziabad that the Talwars committed the double murders using a kitchen knife and a golf club, and later dressed up the crime scene and destroyed evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh