Verdict in Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case to come on Nov 25
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: A court in Uttar Pradesh will on November 25 decide whether dentist-couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar are guilty of murdering their young daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The court reserved its order after the Talwars made final arguments in their defence today.
The dentist couple, who are facing various charges ranging from murder, conspiracy to destruction of evidence, maintain that the CBI is trying to falsely implicate them in the case by tampering with the evidence.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead, with her throat slit, in her bedroom in the Talwars` apartment in the satellite town of Noida near Delhi in May 2008. Because the family`s domestic help Hemraj was missing, he was declared the suspect. But hours later, he was found dead on the roof.
Last month, the CBI, wrapping up its arguments told the CBI court in Ghaziabad that the Talwars committed the double murders using a kitchen knife and a golf club, and later dressed up the crime scene and destroyed evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das