Verdict in Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case to come on Nov 25
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: A court in Uttar Pradesh will on November 25 decide whether dentist-couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar are guilty of murdering their young daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The court reserved its order after the Talwars made final arguments in their defence today.
The dentist couple, who are facing various charges ranging from murder, conspiracy to destruction of evidence, maintain that the CBI is trying to falsely implicate them in the case by tampering with the evidence.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead, with her throat slit, in her bedroom in the Talwars` apartment in the satellite town of Noida near Delhi in May 2008. Because the family`s domestic help Hemraj was missing, he was declared the suspect. But hours later, he was found dead on the roof.
Last month, the CBI, wrapping up its arguments told the CBI court in Ghaziabad that the Talwars committed the double murders using a kitchen knife and a golf club, and later dressed up the crime scene and destroyed evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert