Verdict in Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case to come on Nov 25
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: A court in Uttar Pradesh will on November 25 decide whether dentist-couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar are guilty of murdering their young daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The court reserved its order after the Talwars made final arguments in their defence today.
The dentist couple, who are facing various charges ranging from murder, conspiracy to destruction of evidence, maintain that the CBI is trying to falsely implicate them in the case by tampering with the evidence.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead, with her throat slit, in her bedroom in the Talwars` apartment in the satellite town of Noida near Delhi in May 2008. Because the family`s domestic help Hemraj was missing, he was declared the suspect. But hours later, he was found dead on the roof.
Last month, the CBI, wrapping up its arguments told the CBI court in Ghaziabad that the Talwars committed the double murders using a kitchen knife and a golf club, and later dressed up the crime scene and destroyed evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees