Verma, wife seek quashing of FIR lodged by CBI
New Delhi: Arms dealer Abhishek Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neacsu on Monday moved the Delhi High Court seeking quashing of FIR registered against them by CBI for violation of the Official Secrets Act.
The couple is facing trial in the case in connection with possessing secret defence documents and supplying them to foreign nationals.
Verma alleged that the investigating agency has lodged the FIR based on some "forged and fabricated" documents and sought an inquiry against a senior CBI officer and the people who supplied the documents to the probe agency.
In his plea, he said, "A large conspiracy has been hatched by Ashok Aggarwal, an ex-IRS officer who is facing charges under Prevention of Corruption Act, Ramnish Geer, Senior Superintendent of CBI and Edmond Allen, his business partner and Ganton Pvt Ltd`s President."
He also said that he has written to the higher authorities about "misuse of power and authority" by Geer to falsely implicate him.
Seeking an inquiry against these persons, Verma sought an order from court for quashing the FIR registered under the Official Secrets Act against him and his spouse.
"Quash the RC no... And all subsequent proceedings emanating therefrom against the petitioners (Verma and Anca). Issue directions for registration of FIR against the tainted CBI officer and his accomplices who hatched a criminal conspiracy to falsely implicate the petitioner," he said in the petition.
He also said despite repeated representations to CBI, no action has been taken against the officer and others on his complaint.
Verma claimed on his representation in June last year, the CVC had recommended action against them and the government had appointed a Central Vigilance Officer this year but no action steps have been taken so far.
Justice Hima Kohli, who was hearing the matter, asked CBI counsel to inform the court as to what were the steps taken by the probe agency on Verma`s complaint.
Without issuing notice to the probe agency, Justice Kohli asked CBI counsel to file an affidavit in this regard and adjourned the matter for November 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference