Videographing among slew of measures for an orderly DUSU poll
New Delhi: With a view to ensure free and fair Delhi University students union polls, DU administration has decided to install CCTV cameras besides hiring commercial videographers to record election activities.
A slew of measures for the upcoming Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) polls was decided during a meeting of the appointed election and returning officers which was chaired by Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh.
"The Election Officers shall videograph all the activities related to the polls. They may hire commercial videographers for this purpose.
"Closed Circuit Cameras will also be installed at the gate of the college and outside and inside the room where voting is taking place," said Ashok Vohra, Chief Election Officer, DUSU Elections.
The DU Chief Election Officer also said that he has personally written to political leaders such as Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Rajnath Singh, Prakash Karat and Brinda Karat to ensure that the student groups follow the code of conduct of the Lyngdoh Committee Report.
Vohra said entry to a college on the day of elections will be limited to only bonafide students of that college and on production of their identity cards.
Candidates will also have to take prior permission of the principals for campaigning in colleges.
A candidate campaigning in a college can be accompanied by two others who are approved by the election officer of that college, Vohra said.
Issuing strict guidelines on pasting of campaign posters, Vohra said hand-made posters should be put up at designated places only.
"Photographs of the posters pasted at unauthorised places may be taken and the matter reported to the police. Cases will be registered under the Delhi Prevention of Defacement of Property Act, 2007," he said.
Joint Commissioner of Police, DCPs, ACPs, SHOs were also present in the meeting. DUSU elections will take place on September 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32