Videography now must for post-mortem in homicide cases in Delhi
New Delhi: All government hospitals in the city have been directed to videograph post-mortem procedures in sensitive cases and in those related to homicide deaths with a view to ensuring transparency in the police probe.
An order in this regard has been issued by the special secretary of health in the Delhi government, SB Shashank.
"Attention is drawn to the observations of the courts in homicide trials that videography of all post-mortems should be made in the interest of transparency and for ruling out any foul play," the order states.
The order has been implemented at some of the hospitals, but is yet to be applied at all government hospitals in the city.
Sources said that many instances of irregularities in post mortem reports have come to the fore.
The order has been issued to all medical superintendents at government hospitals and their forensic experts to ensure that the entire post-mortem examination is properly recorded on video.
Recently, in the case of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife Sunanda Pushkar`s death, the entire post-mortem procedure was recorded on video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'