Vijay Jolly questioned by Delhi police
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly was on Saturday questioned here for the second day in a row by police in connection of the defacing of the nameplate outside the residence of Tehelka`s ex-Managing Editor Shoma Chaudhury.
Jolly who was questioned for around 3 hours between 10 am and 1 pm at Saket police station, after coming out, alleged that he was being targeted by the police under a "conspiracy" to keep him away from the upcoming assembly polls.
"I am being targeted despite apologising in this matter. It is a conspiracy to keep me away from the elections. It is politically motivated, I condemn this," Jolly said.
Jolly reached the police station at around 10 am with his lawyers and was questioned in the presence of senior police officials. He has been asked to appear before police tomorrow as well.
An FIR in this regard was registered at Saket police station on Thursday under section 341 (Obstruction), 427 (Mischief), section 3 of the Prevention of Defacement of the Properties Act, 143 (Unlawful Assembly), 149 (part of unlawful assembly) against Jolly and others.
Yesterday too, the BJP leader was questioned by the police in this connection.
Jolly was given a questionnaire related to the incident. He was also questioned about the source of the paint which he had allegedly brought to the spot. Police had also asked him who had directed him to register a protest in that manner.
Asked whether Jolly could be arrested, a senior officer said, "We have registered a case against him and if needed, he will be arrested."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!