Vikas Yadav’s visits to hospitals unreasonable: HC
New Delhi: Terming as "unreasonable" the
frequent visits of Nitish Katara murder case convicts Vikas
and Vishal Yadav from Tihar Jail to various hospitals, the
Delhi High Court on Thursday asked AIIMS to set up a medical board
to examine them.
A bench of justices Gita Mittal and VK Shali also asked
the jail authorities to produce medical records of the two
Ordering formation of a medical board to examine the duo
at 11 am on February 7, the bench asked the AIIMS authorities
to file the report on their health condition.
After going through the jail records on their treatment
at AIIMS and Batra Hospital, the court said, "Before passing
any order, the bench would like to know the present health
condition of the convicts."
The court also termed their visits to AIIMS and Batra
Hospital as "unreasonable" and asked the hospitals to produce
their medical records within three weeks.
"These are unreasonable visits. No record suggested that
the treatment for TB was given to them. It appeared there was
no need of their hospital visit," the bench said, while going
through the records which stated that Vishal visited Batra
Hospital more than 40 times, while Vikas went to AIIMS for
over 80 times.
The court asked AIIMS to submit Vikas` medical records
since 2008 till date in a sealed cover to it by February 24,
while asking Batra Hospital to produce the same pertaining to
Vishal`s treatment there till date since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says