Vikas Yadav’s visits to hospitals unreasonable: HC
New Delhi: Terming as "unreasonable" the
frequent visits of Nitish Katara murder case convicts Vikas
and Vishal Yadav from Tihar Jail to various hospitals, the
Delhi High Court on Thursday asked AIIMS to set up a medical board
to examine them.
A bench of justices Gita Mittal and VK Shali also asked
the jail authorities to produce medical records of the two
Ordering formation of a medical board to examine the duo
at 11 am on February 7, the bench asked the AIIMS authorities
to file the report on their health condition.
After going through the jail records on their treatment
at AIIMS and Batra Hospital, the court said, "Before passing
any order, the bench would like to know the present health
condition of the convicts."
The court also termed their visits to AIIMS and Batra
Hospital as "unreasonable" and asked the hospitals to produce
their medical records within three weeks.
"These are unreasonable visits. No record suggested that
the treatment for TB was given to them. It appeared there was
no need of their hospital visit," the bench said, while going
through the records which stated that Vishal visited Batra
Hospital more than 40 times, while Vikas went to AIIMS for
over 80 times.
The court asked AIIMS to submit Vikas` medical records
since 2008 till date in a sealed cover to it by February 24,
while asking Batra Hospital to produce the same pertaining to
Vishal`s treatment there till date since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune