Villagers lock up teachers over girl`s suicide
Gurgaon: Angry villagers near here locked up the teachers of a government senior secondary school on Thursday after a girl student committed suicide at her home four days ago. The girl had failed to pass class 11, police said.
Villagers of Dhankot, 11 km from Gurgaon, demanded that Sunil Yadav, commerce teacher at the school be removed from his post. Manoj Kaushik, district education officer (DEO), said that the demand of the villagers had been met, and the teacher was removed from his post.
"Answer sheets of all the students who were declared failed would be re-checked by competent teachers of some other schools," the district education officer said.
The villagers alleged that the girl had been failed deliberately by her teachers. On Thursday, the school re-opened for a new academic session, when the villagers created a ruckus at the school.
The villagers locked up the teachers for a few hours, until police intervened. They alleged that Rajesh Kumari had hanged herself to death from a ceiling fan at her house after she was declared failed in class 11 despite her having performed well in the examinations.
No suicide note was found.
Mukesh Kumar, the victim`s father, told police that the girl had been upset over her results, which were declared on March 23. She hanged herself on March 24.
Vijender Singh, in charge of the Rajendra Park police station, said a case of accidental death -- in which no one was blamed -- had been registered on the basis of a complaint from the girl`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video