Vinod Kumar Binny claims support of more AAP MLAs, meets Lt Guv over Bharti
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Expelled Aam Aadmi Party MLA Vinod Kumar Binny will sit on a fast at Jantar Mantar beginning Monday.
The AAP had yesterday expelled Binny, who had turned a rebel and had been criticising the party`s Delhi government.
The AAP`s disciplinary committee decided to expel Binny as he had approached the media with complaints against the Arvind Kejriwal government, the party said in a statement.
"This disciplinary committee has decided to expel Vinod Kumar Binny and terminate his primary membership from the party, for publicly making false statements against the party and its leadership, thereby bringing disrepute to the party," it said.
Reacting to the development, Binny said, “Nothing can be more unfortunate than to remove a person who spoke about the problems of Delhi."
“This (AAP) is a dictatorship. It`s not a surprising decision,” said Binny.
Binny, MLA from Laxmi Nagar, had been criticising his party and the Delhi government for failing to fulfill the promises made in the election manifesto, including on water and power sectors.
The AAP had countered his charges by saying he was upset about not being given a ministerial berth in Delhi cabinet.
The BJP has sought to lure Binny in its fold following his expulsion from the AAP, with senior party leader VK Malhotra saying the MLA would be welcomed if he wants to join the opposition party.
"If he (Binny) comes to BJP, we will welcome him," Malhotra told a news channel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!