Vinod Kumar Binny claims support of more AAP MLAs, meets Lt Guv over Bharti
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Expelled Aam Aadmi Party MLA Vinod Kumar Binny will sit on a fast at Jantar Mantar beginning Monday.
The AAP had yesterday expelled Binny, who had turned a rebel and had been criticising the party`s Delhi government.
The AAP`s disciplinary committee decided to expel Binny as he had approached the media with complaints against the Arvind Kejriwal government, the party said in a statement.
"This disciplinary committee has decided to expel Vinod Kumar Binny and terminate his primary membership from the party, for publicly making false statements against the party and its leadership, thereby bringing disrepute to the party," it said.
Reacting to the development, Binny said, “Nothing can be more unfortunate than to remove a person who spoke about the problems of Delhi."
“This (AAP) is a dictatorship. It`s not a surprising decision,” said Binny.
Binny, MLA from Laxmi Nagar, had been criticising his party and the Delhi government for failing to fulfill the promises made in the election manifesto, including on water and power sectors.
The AAP had countered his charges by saying he was upset about not being given a ministerial berth in Delhi cabinet.
The BJP has sought to lure Binny in its fold following his expulsion from the AAP, with senior party leader VK Malhotra saying the MLA would be welcomed if he wants to join the opposition party.
"If he (Binny) comes to BJP, we will welcome him," Malhotra told a news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read