Vinod Kumar Binny claims support of more AAP MLAs, meets Lt Guv over Bharti
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Expelled Aam Aadmi Party MLA Vinod Kumar Binny will sit on a fast at Jantar Mantar beginning Monday.
The AAP had yesterday expelled Binny, who had turned a rebel and had been criticising the party`s Delhi government.
The AAP`s disciplinary committee decided to expel Binny as he had approached the media with complaints against the Arvind Kejriwal government, the party said in a statement.
"This disciplinary committee has decided to expel Vinod Kumar Binny and terminate his primary membership from the party, for publicly making false statements against the party and its leadership, thereby bringing disrepute to the party," it said.
Reacting to the development, Binny said, “Nothing can be more unfortunate than to remove a person who spoke about the problems of Delhi."
“This (AAP) is a dictatorship. It`s not a surprising decision,” said Binny.
Binny, MLA from Laxmi Nagar, had been criticising his party and the Delhi government for failing to fulfill the promises made in the election manifesto, including on water and power sectors.
The AAP had countered his charges by saying he was upset about not being given a ministerial berth in Delhi cabinet.
The BJP has sought to lure Binny in its fold following his expulsion from the AAP, with senior party leader VK Malhotra saying the MLA would be welcomed if he wants to join the opposition party.
"If he (Binny) comes to BJP, we will welcome him," Malhotra told a news channel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata