Violation of code of conduct: DU constitutes fact-finding team
New Delhi: Delhi University on Tuesday constituted a three-member fact-finding committee to look into complaints of violation of election code of conduct by 11 candidates, including the victorious ones, who were issued a showcase notice to explain use of printed posters.
Chief election officer CS Dubey had sought explanations from 11 candidates regarding allegations of violation of the Lyngdoh committee recommendations by the contestants during campaign.
A notification from varsity said today that the Vice Chancellor, as patron of the DUSU, constituted a fact finding committee as per the proposal of the chief election officer to look upon the case of violation of code of conduct and showcase notice to 11 candidates as per violation of the decision of the Supreme Court, 2006 in respect of students union election.
The showcase was issued to 11 candidates including eight from the main outfits NSUI and ABVP on complaints that they used printed posters in violation of the election code.
The explanations were sought before the poling but a decision on the responses had not yet been taken.
Those who were served the notice include the victorious candidates of NSUI Arun Hooda, Varun Khari and Varun Choudhary as well as the two candidates who were tied for the post of joint secretary.
The candidates in their response had maintained that they were not responsible for disseminating the posters and pamphlets in question and were not aware of such a violation.
The three-member committee will be chaired by Ramesh Gautam, Director of Institute of Life Long Learning, and professor in the Department of Hindi. The other two members are R C Kunad, professor in Department of Microbiology, and Sunil Sondhi, principal of Maharaja Agrasen college.
The ABVP, which has accused the administration of bias following the results which it has refused to accept, again cried foul today, saying the committee was clearly "Congress minded" and is not expected to come out with a fair decision.
"This defeats the entire purpose of a probe. We do not believe that these congress minded people have been appointed with an intention of arriving at a fair decision. We have demanded that a person from outside the university,may be a tired judge, look into the issue," said ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!