Violence in Delhi after girl dies in accident
New Delhi: Violent protests broke out on Saturday morning in Delhi’s Aman Vihar after the death of an 11-year-old girl in a road accident.
Four children, among them three girls, were going to school on a motorcycle when a tractor hit them.
One of the girls died in the mishap. The other three were admitted to a local hospital where the condition of one of the girls is said to be serious.
Following the incident, angry locals started protesting on the streets and also set the tractor on fire.
The police had to fire in air and use tear gas to disperse the angry crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez