Visually impaired demand one per cent reservation in govt jobs
New Delhi: Around 350 visually impaired persons from various states staged a demonstration here demanding one per cent reservation in government jobs for blind people.
The demonstrators also sought that all backlog of vacancies for the visually challenged in various ministries and departments should be cleared immediately.
"We want the Centre to institute one per cent reservation in government jobs for blind people and all backlog of vacancies for the blind in various ministries and departments should be cleared immediately," R S Chauhan, Secretary General, Convention of the Blind Intellectuals said at the demonstration held yesterday on the International Day for the Disabled.
The demonstration was organised by the Convention of the Blind Intellectuals and Indian Joint Organisation of the Blind outside Jantar Mantar here.
A delegation of the organisers also presented a memorandum of their demands to the Joint Secretary, Department of Disability Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof