Visually impaired demand one per cent reservation in govt jobs
New Delhi: Around 350 visually impaired persons from various states staged a demonstration here demanding one per cent reservation in government jobs for blind people.
The demonstrators also sought that all backlog of vacancies for the visually challenged in various ministries and departments should be cleared immediately.
"We want the Centre to institute one per cent reservation in government jobs for blind people and all backlog of vacancies for the blind in various ministries and departments should be cleared immediately," R S Chauhan, Secretary General, Convention of the Blind Intellectuals said at the demonstration held yesterday on the International Day for the Disabled.
The demonstration was organised by the Convention of the Blind Intellectuals and Indian Joint Organisation of the Blind outside Jantar Mantar here.
A delegation of the organisers also presented a memorandum of their demands to the Joint Secretary, Department of Disability Affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday