VK Singh files nominations papers from Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Former Army Chief and BJP candidate V K Singh on Friday filed his nomination papers from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency.
"I will win from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency. I would like residents of Ghaziabad to vote for me as BJP is the only party which can give a stable government to the country. After winning elections, I would work for the welfare of Ghaziabad`s people," Singh told reporters here.
Asked if he would prefer to become Defence Minister if NDA wins the upcoming elections, he said that he has not thought about this and would continue working for the people.
On the issue of being an outsider in Ghaziabad constituency, Singh said "being a soldier, the whole country is mine. So I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad".
"When a soldier fights at the border, he serves the country. Being a soldier, the whole country is mine. Ghaziabad`s people are also mine. I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad," he explained.
On being asked if he would request anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to campaign for him, he replied "I would be very happy if Hazare comes forward to campaign for me".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India