VK Singh files nominations papers from Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Former Army Chief and BJP candidate V K Singh on Friday filed his nomination papers from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency.
"I will win from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency. I would like residents of Ghaziabad to vote for me as BJP is the only party which can give a stable government to the country. After winning elections, I would work for the welfare of Ghaziabad`s people," Singh told reporters here.
Asked if he would prefer to become Defence Minister if NDA wins the upcoming elections, he said that he has not thought about this and would continue working for the people.
On the issue of being an outsider in Ghaziabad constituency, Singh said "being a soldier, the whole country is mine. So I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad".
"When a soldier fights at the border, he serves the country. Being a soldier, the whole country is mine. Ghaziabad`s people are also mine. I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad," he explained.
On being asked if he would request anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to campaign for him, he replied "I would be very happy if Hazare comes forward to campaign for me".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj