VK Singh files nominations papers from Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Former Army Chief and BJP candidate V K Singh on Friday filed his nomination papers from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency.
"I will win from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency. I would like residents of Ghaziabad to vote for me as BJP is the only party which can give a stable government to the country. After winning elections, I would work for the welfare of Ghaziabad`s people," Singh told reporters here.
Asked if he would prefer to become Defence Minister if NDA wins the upcoming elections, he said that he has not thought about this and would continue working for the people.
On the issue of being an outsider in Ghaziabad constituency, Singh said "being a soldier, the whole country is mine. So I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad".
"When a soldier fights at the border, he serves the country. Being a soldier, the whole country is mine. Ghaziabad`s people are also mine. I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad," he explained.
On being asked if he would request anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to campaign for him, he replied "I would be very happy if Hazare comes forward to campaign for me".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars