Vote for AAP is vote for "instability": Congress
New Delhi: Vote for Aam Aadmi Party is vote for "instability," Congress on Tuesday alleged mounting an attack on Arvind Kejriwal who kept up the suspense over government formation in Delhi.
"SMS is their business. Let them take a decision through SMS. Keeping in tune with the highest democratic tradition, we gave our support to them because we wanted a government to be formed so that the burden of a new election does not fall again on people, party spokesperson PC Chacko told reporters here.
"...Vote to AAP is vote to instability...People have now begun to think why to vote for this party, those who simply make promises and do not deliver...It shows they cannot deliver. They should realise what they have promised."
His remarks came in response to questions on Aap saying that it will go to people of Delhi to elicit their views on whether to form government with support from Congress and make the decision public on Monday.
After a meeting of the party`s political affairs committee and the newly-elected MLAs, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal said they would distribute 25 lakh copies of letters seeking people`s views on the issue and then replies will be accepted till Sunday.
AAP, which was invited by Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to discuss government-formation last week, had set 18 conditions for Congress and BJP before it can decide on taking their support to form a government.
Jung has already recommended imposition of President`s rule in Delhi among other options following the deadlock over formation of a new government as no party was ready to assume power.
After Congress decided to extend outside support to AAP on December 13, Kejriwal had written letters to Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi and BJP President Rajnath Singh seeking their parties` views on 18 issues, including passing of Janlokpal Bill, full statehood to Delhi, reduction on water tariff and audit of power discoms among others, before moving ahead to form a government.
Congress had then put the ball in AAP`s court, saying 16 of its 18 demands needed just administrative decisions and had nothing to do with Parliament or Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL