VP poll: BJP to consider if TMC approaches it on common support
Kolkata: The BJP would consider supporting a consensus candidates for the Vice Presidential polls if UPA ally Trinamool Congress approached the NDA for support, said Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
The BJP leader, who was in the city, said here last evening that "the NDA will take a final call on their stand regarding the Vice-Presidential poll. If Mamataji approaches us (BJP) then we will consider it as she has been part of the NDA earlier".
Dhumal at a roadshow of Himachal Pradesh tourism in the city said that Trinamool leader Mamata Banerjee was once part of the NDA and hinted there was scope for common support.
Incumbent Hamid Ansari has been proposed by the ruling UPA as its candidate for the Vice Presidential poll but Trinamool Congress is not keen on supporting him.
Home Minister P Chidambaram at the UPA meeting in Delhi yesterday described Ansari`s choice as "unanimous" though Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy said the party had suggested names of former West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi and former MP Krishna Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal