Walia asks agencies to compensate farmers for acquired land
New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia
today directed various government agencies to compensate the
farmers whose land were acquired for developmental projects.
The direction came after a group of farmers from
North-West and West Delhi areas called on Walia requesting him
to give them compensation for their land acquired by various
Walia instructed the concerned departments to resolve the
issue as per satisfaction of the farmers.
The Minister also discussed the issue of giving
compensation to the farmers with Principal Secretary (Finance)
J P Singh, Managing Director of DSIIDC Chetan B Sanghi and
senior officials of the Department of Land and Building.
Officials said DSIIDC has sought Rs 368 crore from the
government to compensate the farmers for the land acquired
from them. They said DJB, Urban Development Department and PWD
have sought Rs three crore, Rs one crore and Rs four crore,
respectively, to compensate the farmers.
The Delhi Development Authority has also sought Rs 16.44
crore to compensate the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda