Walia asks agencies to compensate farmers for acquired land
New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia
today directed various government agencies to compensate the
farmers whose land were acquired for developmental projects.
The direction came after a group of farmers from
North-West and West Delhi areas called on Walia requesting him
to give them compensation for their land acquired by various
Walia instructed the concerned departments to resolve the
issue as per satisfaction of the farmers.
The Minister also discussed the issue of giving
compensation to the farmers with Principal Secretary (Finance)
J P Singh, Managing Director of DSIIDC Chetan B Sanghi and
senior officials of the Department of Land and Building.
Officials said DSIIDC has sought Rs 368 crore from the
government to compensate the farmers for the land acquired
from them. They said DJB, Urban Development Department and PWD
have sought Rs three crore, Rs one crore and Rs four crore,
respectively, to compensate the farmers.
The Delhi Development Authority has also sought Rs 16.44
crore to compensate the farmers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living