Walia asks agencies to compensate farmers for acquired land
New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia
today directed various government agencies to compensate the
farmers whose land were acquired for developmental projects.
The direction came after a group of farmers from
North-West and West Delhi areas called on Walia requesting him
to give them compensation for their land acquired by various
Walia instructed the concerned departments to resolve the
issue as per satisfaction of the farmers.
The Minister also discussed the issue of giving
compensation to the farmers with Principal Secretary (Finance)
J P Singh, Managing Director of DSIIDC Chetan B Sanghi and
senior officials of the Department of Land and Building.
Officials said DSIIDC has sought Rs 368 crore from the
government to compensate the farmers for the land acquired
from them. They said DJB, Urban Development Department and PWD
have sought Rs three crore, Rs one crore and Rs four crore,
respectively, to compensate the farmers.
The Delhi Development Authority has also sought Rs 16.44
crore to compensate the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre