Walia attacks North, South, East Delhi civic bodies for `failure` to check dengue
New Delhi: Criticizing the North, South and East Delhi Municipal Corporations for their "complete failure" to control the spread of dengue here, Delhi Health Minister AK Walia on Tuesday said their "inefficiency" has led to wide-spread mosquito-genic conditions across the city.
He charged said that despite repeated directions issued by Delhi government in the last few months, they have "failed" to implement the action points which included taking preventive measures through anti-larval measures, de-fogging, spray over water bodies, exercising effective control over field staff, particularly Domestic Breeding Checkers(DBCs).
In letters written today to the Mayors of all the three local bodies, Walia expressed concern over the current season witnessing spurt in cases of dengue fever, particularly from certain identified pockets of Delhi.
He urged the Mayors to personally monitor the situation and direct the concerned officers to take effective measures to control dengue menace.
"The inefficiency and inadequacy of the three local bodies has led to the piquant situation resulting in wide-spread mosquito-genic conditions through the length and breadth of the city", the Minister alleged.
"It is a sad state of affairs that as per the figures released by the Health Department of the local bodies themselves, 880 cases have been reported from Delhi during the last one week and out of these 833 cases are from the areas falling under the jurisdiction of the three local bodies. The accummulative cases of dengue this year till date are 1326 as compared to 27 in 2012 and 168 in 2011", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it