Walia warns of strict action against pre-natal sex
New Delhi: Delhi government on Tuesday warned of strict against those involved in pre-natal sex determination which is banned under the law.
Health Minister AK Walia said the government will take strict action against the cases of pre-birth sex determination.
"As people have understood the importance of providing equal opportunities to boys and girls, they have also realized that there is no difference between a boy and a girl in today`s context," he said.
While referring to the concept of Family Welfare, Walia said the society must try to have small families to ensure proper upkeep and development of the family members.
The city government is also concentrating on bringing down the rate of child and maternal death rate, he said and appreciated the contribution of Asha Workers and ANMs in population stabilisation programmes.
He added Delhi has been able to bring down the total fertility rate to 1.90 as against the set national goal of 2.11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state