Walia warns of strict action against pre-natal sex
New Delhi: Delhi government on Tuesday warned of strict against those involved in pre-natal sex determination which is banned under the law.
Health Minister AK Walia said the government will take strict action against the cases of pre-birth sex determination.
"As people have understood the importance of providing equal opportunities to boys and girls, they have also realized that there is no difference between a boy and a girl in today`s context," he said.
While referring to the concept of Family Welfare, Walia said the society must try to have small families to ensure proper upkeep and development of the family members.
The city government is also concentrating on bringing down the rate of child and maternal death rate, he said and appreciated the contribution of Asha Workers and ANMs in population stabilisation programmes.
He added Delhi has been able to bring down the total fertility rate to 1.90 as against the set national goal of 2.11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price