Walia warns of strict action against pre-natal sex
New Delhi: Delhi government on Tuesday warned of strict against those involved in pre-natal sex determination which is banned under the law.
Health Minister AK Walia said the government will take strict action against the cases of pre-birth sex determination.
"As people have understood the importance of providing equal opportunities to boys and girls, they have also realized that there is no difference between a boy and a girl in today`s context," he said.
While referring to the concept of Family Welfare, Walia said the society must try to have small families to ensure proper upkeep and development of the family members.
The city government is also concentrating on bringing down the rate of child and maternal death rate, he said and appreciated the contribution of Asha Workers and ANMs in population stabilisation programmes.
He added Delhi has been able to bring down the total fertility rate to 1.90 as against the set national goal of 2.11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'