Walia warns of strict action against pre-natal sex
New Delhi: Delhi government on Tuesday warned of strict against those involved in pre-natal sex determination which is banned under the law.
Health Minister AK Walia said the government will take strict action against the cases of pre-birth sex determination.
"As people have understood the importance of providing equal opportunities to boys and girls, they have also realized that there is no difference between a boy and a girl in today`s context," he said.
While referring to the concept of Family Welfare, Walia said the society must try to have small families to ensure proper upkeep and development of the family members.
The city government is also concentrating on bringing down the rate of child and maternal death rate, he said and appreciated the contribution of Asha Workers and ANMs in population stabilisation programmes.
He added Delhi has been able to bring down the total fertility rate to 1.90 as against the set national goal of 2.11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers