Wall collapse: Govt to compensate families of children
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday announced
a compensation of Rs three lakh each for the kin of four
children who were killed when the wall of a multi-storeyed
building fell on them.
The decision to award compensation to the families of the
victim came at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Delhi Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Four children were killed when the wall of an under-
construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in
South Delhi yesterday.
Commenting on the incident, Dikshit said, "the MCD is to
be blamed for the collapse. We held MCD responsible for the
collapse. Civic agencies have failed to control illegal
constructions in the city."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!