Wall collapse: Govt to compensate families of children
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday announced
a compensation of Rs three lakh each for the kin of four
children who were killed when the wall of a multi-storeyed
building fell on them.
The decision to award compensation to the families of the
victim came at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Delhi Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Four children were killed when the wall of an under-
construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in
South Delhi yesterday.
Commenting on the incident, Dikshit said, "the MCD is to
be blamed for the collapse. We held MCD responsible for the
collapse. Civic agencies have failed to control illegal
constructions in the city."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar