Wall collapse: Govt to compensate families of children
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday announced
a compensation of Rs three lakh each for the kin of four
children who were killed when the wall of a multi-storeyed
building fell on them.
The decision to award compensation to the families of the
victim came at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Delhi Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Four children were killed when the wall of an under-
construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in
South Delhi yesterday.
Commenting on the incident, Dikshit said, "the MCD is to
be blamed for the collapse. We held MCD responsible for the
collapse. Civic agencies have failed to control illegal
constructions in the city."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen