Wall collapse: Govt to compensate families of children
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday announced
a compensation of Rs three lakh each for the kin of four
children who were killed when the wall of a multi-storeyed
building fell on them.
The decision to award compensation to the families of the
victim came at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Delhi Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Four children were killed when the wall of an under-
construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in
South Delhi yesterday.
Commenting on the incident, Dikshit said, "the MCD is to
be blamed for the collapse. We held MCD responsible for the
collapse. Civic agencies have failed to control illegal
constructions in the city."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?