Wall collapse: Govt to compensate families of children
New Delhi: Delhi government on Monday announced
a compensation of Rs three lakh each for the kin of four
children who were killed when the wall of a multi-storeyed
building fell on them.
The decision to award compensation to the families of the
victim came at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Delhi Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Four children were killed when the wall of an under-
construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in
South Delhi yesterday.
Commenting on the incident, Dikshit said, "the MCD is to
be blamed for the collapse. We held MCD responsible for the
collapse. Civic agencies have failed to control illegal
constructions in the city."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur