Wall collapse in Delhi claims four lives
New Delhi: Four people were killed on Friday evening when a wall of an under construction building in west Delhi`s Hari Nagar area collapsed.
A passerby told ANI, "I was passing through around 6.30 p.m. when I heard the voices and saw that a wall has collapsed. We started digging out and found four people struck down there. We couldn`t find out if they are alive or not, but two were badly injured."
"Strangely the police and fire brigade reached on time and did the needful," he added.
The incident took place in L block of Hari Nagar at an under construction building, near Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital.
The basement wall collapsed, claiming the lives of four labourers working at the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez