Wanted criminal nabbed by Special Cell of Delhi police
New Delhi: The Special Cell of Delhi Police has arrested a Manipur native, wanted in several criminal cases there.
The man named Nanua was arrested on Sunday from Kingsway Camp near Delhi University and is said to be a member of a banned outfit.
He was produced on Monday before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Smita Garg.
The court granted police his transit remand for five days and he will now be handed over to the Manipur police.
Sources said Nanua was staying at Kingsway camp for the last one year.
They said he used to make extortion calls from here to Manipur and is wanted in several criminal cases there including those under section 307 (attempt to murder) and section 326 (causing grievous hurt) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress