Wanted criminal nabbed by Special Cell of Delhi police
New Delhi: The Special Cell of Delhi Police has arrested a Manipur native, wanted in several criminal cases there.
The man named Nanua was arrested on Sunday from Kingsway Camp near Delhi University and is said to be a member of a banned outfit.
He was produced on Monday before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Smita Garg.
The court granted police his transit remand for five days and he will now be handed over to the Manipur police.
Sources said Nanua was staying at Kingsway camp for the last one year.
They said he used to make extortion calls from here to Manipur and is wanted in several criminal cases there including those under section 307 (attempt to murder) and section 326 (causing grievous hurt) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!