Wanted criminal nabbed by Special Cell of Delhi police
New Delhi: The Special Cell of Delhi Police has arrested a Manipur native, wanted in several criminal cases there.
The man named Nanua was arrested on Sunday from Kingsway Camp near Delhi University and is said to be a member of a banned outfit.
He was produced on Monday before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Smita Garg.
The court granted police his transit remand for five days and he will now be handed over to the Manipur police.
Sources said Nanua was staying at Kingsway camp for the last one year.
They said he used to make extortion calls from here to Manipur and is wanted in several criminal cases there including those under section 307 (attempt to murder) and section 326 (causing grievous hurt) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda