Wanted criminal nabbed; DP advisory for train passengers
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man wanted in several cases of robbery and snatching, especially from the railway stations, has been arrested by the Delhi Police crime branch.
Richhpal was arrested by the police personnel posted at Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station which also seized a mobile phone, one .315 bore country made pistol and two live cartridges from his possession.
The arrest follows the complaint of one Dr Pramod Kumar Mishra who was robbed of his wallet, mobile phone and other belongings on March 11 when he was about to board Punjab Mail Express at around 9.30 pm near Barapulla Jhuggi cluster, police said.
With Richhpal`s arrest, the Delhi Police have also issued an advisory asking public to be careful while boarding the trains as many criminals living in hutments and dwellings near the railway stations rob passengers when the train slows down near the stations.
On Mishra`s complaint, a police team started monitoring the movements of known criminals with similar modus operandi and received a secret information on March 15 that a robber would be coming at Platform No 1 of Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station at about 3 pm to commit some crime.
According to police, the team apprehended Ricchpal from the spot and after making recoveries, registered a case of robbery and Arms Act against him.
On interrogation, it was revealed that he was previously involved in seven cases of robbery and snatching. The cases against him date back to 1995 but he has not been arrested in any fresh crime since 2006.
Police said his after his associates Sanjay Behanga and Rajesh Babu were arrested, Richhpal started committing robbery with his new associates Dinesh, Qasim and Babu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack