Wanted criminal nabbed; DP advisory for train passengers
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man wanted in several cases of robbery and snatching, especially from the railway stations, has been arrested by the Delhi Police crime branch.
Richhpal was arrested by the police personnel posted at Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station which also seized a mobile phone, one .315 bore country made pistol and two live cartridges from his possession.
The arrest follows the complaint of one Dr Pramod Kumar Mishra who was robbed of his wallet, mobile phone and other belongings on March 11 when he was about to board Punjab Mail Express at around 9.30 pm near Barapulla Jhuggi cluster, police said.
With Richhpal`s arrest, the Delhi Police have also issued an advisory asking public to be careful while boarding the trains as many criminals living in hutments and dwellings near the railway stations rob passengers when the train slows down near the stations.
On Mishra`s complaint, a police team started monitoring the movements of known criminals with similar modus operandi and received a secret information on March 15 that a robber would be coming at Platform No 1 of Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station at about 3 pm to commit some crime.
According to police, the team apprehended Ricchpal from the spot and after making recoveries, registered a case of robbery and Arms Act against him.
On interrogation, it was revealed that he was previously involved in seven cases of robbery and snatching. The cases against him date back to 1995 but he has not been arrested in any fresh crime since 2006.
Police said his after his associates Sanjay Behanga and Rajesh Babu were arrested, Richhpal started committing robbery with his new associates Dinesh, Qasim and Babu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16