Wanted criminal nabbed; DP advisory for train passengers
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man wanted in several cases of robbery and snatching, especially from the railway stations, has been arrested by the Delhi Police crime branch.
Richhpal was arrested by the police personnel posted at Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station which also seized a mobile phone, one .315 bore country made pistol and two live cartridges from his possession.
The arrest follows the complaint of one Dr Pramod Kumar Mishra who was robbed of his wallet, mobile phone and other belongings on March 11 when he was about to board Punjab Mail Express at around 9.30 pm near Barapulla Jhuggi cluster, police said.
With Richhpal`s arrest, the Delhi Police have also issued an advisory asking public to be careful while boarding the trains as many criminals living in hutments and dwellings near the railway stations rob passengers when the train slows down near the stations.
On Mishra`s complaint, a police team started monitoring the movements of known criminals with similar modus operandi and received a secret information on March 15 that a robber would be coming at Platform No 1 of Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station at about 3 pm to commit some crime.
According to police, the team apprehended Ricchpal from the spot and after making recoveries, registered a case of robbery and Arms Act against him.
On interrogation, it was revealed that he was previously involved in seven cases of robbery and snatching. The cases against him date back to 1995 but he has not been arrested in any fresh crime since 2006.
Police said his after his associates Sanjay Behanga and Rajesh Babu were arrested, Richhpal started committing robbery with his new associates Dinesh, Qasim and Babu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician